“Supporting a Tradition of Excellence”
The Dieringer Education Foundation Board of Directors would like to extend our thanks and admiration to the staff of the Dieringer School District. During this unprecedented time, staff members have been supporting students in spite of their own personal hardships. We want you to know that your work has not gone unnoticed. We hope that you and your families will stay well and that you and your students can soon return to classrooms full of love, laughter and learning.
Those of us that have shared the Dieringer experience have always known this is to be a special place with great assets including dedicated staff members, outstanding students and an extremely supportive community. We have also known that providing our students with the best resources has become more challenging as the state limits the amount any district can collect from its taxpayers.
Over the years some of us began to take notice of school districts, like Mercer Island, where parents, community members, alumni and staff came together to supplement school programs. Based on that same model, the Dieringer Education Foundation (DEF) was formed in 2009 and immediately set out to raise funds for allocation through grants to all three schools.
Some of the programs receiving DEF support thus far have included:
- 2010 – Ongoing sponsorship of the Pat Keaton Community Scholarship Award ($500 annually to two eighth grade students based on service to our community)
- 2011 – $5,000 to support counseling services and/or materials in all three schools
- 2013 – $2,500 to bring Rachel’s Challenge for anti-bullying program
- 2014 – $2,300 for Ovation Company assembly program building positive school climate
- 2016 – $5,000 in total to support the music program in all three schools
- 2018 – $12,000 for Dieringer art programs
- 2019 – $525 for NTMS Veterans Day Scholarship
- 2020 – $525 for NTMS Veterans Day Scholarship / $2,188 for NTMS History Text Books
Annually the DEF receives input from the Dieringer School District Board of Directors as well as from each building’s leadership team to learn about ways that we can lend our support. Our plan is to continue to nurture a culture of giving so that future students will enjoy the unique experience that is Dieringer.
DEF’s slow, steady growth, has been limited by our district’s small population and the desire to keep the membership fee reasonable at $100. To help support our effort, this website provides more information about the DEF and a “donate” button where you can become a DEF member. We hope you will join us in supporting Dieringer’s tradition of excellence by becoming a member of the Dieringer Education Foundation today!